Instagram

Instagram

Thursday, September 4, 2014

my day.

I don't blog about 'my day'. I don't even recall the events in a day during Skype calls. I just don't.

Its 4pm. My feet is propped up on a pillow. Vampire Weekend is on replay. Air-con and the rain caters for the perfect nap.

I'm blogging about my day.

10.20 am: Jolts awake from a succession of nightmares. 5 to be precise.

10.26am: Tweets about nightmare

11.40am: Realizes I don't have a blazer. My formal blouse needs to be ironed. Zipper on my skirt doesn't work. And class is in 20 minutes.

12.01pm: Leaves the house.

12:02pm: Regrets.

12:03pm: Returns and switches from heels to flip flops. Stuffs heels into paper bag.

12:07pm: Walks across campus. Heat is unbearable. Sweats profusely. About 60 students clamoring outside a lecture hall. They take up the entire walkway. Explodes on the inside. Perspires on the outside.

12:08pm: Decides to avoid students. Uses the stairs.

12.10pm: Reaches 4th floor. Block D. Realizes class has always been in Block E.

12.11pm: Gives up. Squeezes past students. Waits for lift.

12:14pm: Waits for lift. Many other students waiting for lift. Sweat trickling down my forehead.

12:15pm: Grabs tissues from the restroom.

12:16pm: Waits for lift.

12:20pm: Reaches class. Realizes the dress code is smart casual. Not white blouse tucked in pencil skirt and killer heels formal.

1:32pm: Heads off for interview with accreditation board.

1:40pm: Sees everyone in casual clothes.

2:07pm: Dean starts ........................................ talking

2:17pm: Tweets about my unwashed hair.

2:20pm: Thunder starts rumbling in the distance.

2:22pm: Finds out I'm not needed for the interview.

2:23pm: Rushes off.

2:24pm: In the lift. Prays for the rain to hold off till I get home.

2:25pm: Attempts to run in heels. On an uneven pavement. Trips in the most horribly embarrassing manner.

2:26pm: Changes from heels to flip flops. Heels has these tiny straps with buckles.

2:30pm: So far 782541 people have witnessed me in my appalling state. Still attempting to remove heels while standing upright.

2:31pm: Ignores throbbing ankle and bleeding knee. And that my skirt has shifted into this weird position. And that half of my hair has escaped from the bun and covers half my face.

2:32pm: Hobbles home.

2:33pm: It rains. So heavily.

2:35pm: I get home



This is why 'my day' does not make it as blogging material.

My anger lasted till 4pm. I'm okay now. I had fried chicken. Hahahahaha. And my boyfriend Skyped me. Which is better than fried chicken. I just had to mention fried chicken first.

Sometimes, my dad looks at me scuttling around panicking and knocking over stationary items shakes his head and tells me I remind him of a cartoon character.


I laughed so hard at this.

Sorry. I'm not very interesting. I think I used to be slightly more than I am now.

Bye!