Instagram

Instagram

Monday, November 10, 2014

What do you know about

What do you know about missing a person?

Does it begin when 'I wish's form habitually on the edge of your mouth, ready to be uttered, prepped to be inserted into snippets of conversations? I wish you were, I wish I were, I wish. Aren't those the mark of a start of a longing, this persistent coveting after a person?

Does time fragmentation happen unconsciously? Your calender readjusts, regulated by '11 days till you arrive home', 'it's only 4 months till we see each other again', '2 years is fine, we'll get through it'

Does it dwindle with time, do your daily routines ease it off, do you sometimes, completely forget? Or is missing your reality, and if it is, how often do you jolt back to reality?

Does it drip, of anticipation, of wistfulness, of yearnings, condensed to form droplets. Do they merge over time to form a pool of endless depth? Do you struggle to keep afloat? Or do your instincts kick in, like how traits go through a process of natural selection, you harden over time, you survive.

So, what do I know about missing a person?