Instagram

Instagram

Monday, January 5, 2015

#AppreciationPost1

Once, in the midst of a conversation in the car,  Louie swivelled around -

(yes he manages to spin around in the driver's seat the same way one would in an office chair, also he is equipped with the talent of multitasking, etc - scrolling through Facebook, pinching both my cheeks, rapping to some nigger song, reading song lyrics, checking Waze and ignoring me, all while manoeuvring through a collection of vehicles, portholes and traffic lights)

(I might be exaggerating I might not be)

(He drives me everywhere since I have yet to attain the minimum degree of skills required to handle a car on my own on roads beyond the boundaries of my neighbourhood without being a liability to everyone else)

(in other words, I can't drive)

- and said : 'Do you know what you're really really really good at?' -

(he doesn't usually use a word thrice in a row so he must have really wanted to make a point)

- Me : '*rearranges facial expression to portray the right amount of abashment and delight in anticipation for the flow of compliments* Mhmmmmmm?'

Him : 'You're really really really good at......................... Instagram'

(I still find this amusing 4-5 months later)

I mostly Instagram the better bits of my life, on good hair days, pricey brunches, planned celebrations, array of cakes on display, smiley faces. Sometimes they're filtered so prettily, with all the right setting and lighting, perfect balance of contrasts of colours, they feel so irrelevant. 


The thing about you, is that in no way do I discount our downs. I can't add a fancily named filter to distract away from the flaws or blur out the blemishes. Can't crop out that bit you don't want in your picture. You just learn to stop emphasising on them and start accepting it all.

and it's not hard to do so when the ups outweighs everything else, and it's you.

p/s: this is from the girl who was adamant about turning into a spinster with 50 dogs because 'the whole relationship thing is a lie' and 'what is love if it's not cake'

You're so much better than cake and quesadillas *,*

Also you're my #AppreciationPost1

Hehehehehe. Sorry for the online PDA!